- Fire up your Pit Boss and with the lid open, set your temperature to SMOKE mode.
- Once the fire is lit, preheat to 200°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Remove the membrane on the back of the ribs, trim off excess fat, meat flap, and silverskin, then season both sides of the ribs with Pit Boss Homestyle Pork Rub. Transfer to the grill and smoke for 3 hours.
- Remove ribs from the grill, and set on 2 sheets of Pit Boss Peach Butcher Paper. Sprinkle with the brown sugar, top with the butter cut into small pads, and then wrap the ribs.
- Return the ribs to the grill and increase temperature to 225°F. Cook for 2 hours.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and carefully cut open the paper with scissors, being cautious of hot steam.
- Fold over the paper, baste with Memphis Hickory & Vinegar BBQ Sauce, then return ribs to the grill (meat side up). Close the lid and cook ribs another hour, until tender.
- Remove ribs from the grill, allow to rest for 15 minutes, then slice and serve hot.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Fruitwood Blend Hardwood Pellets
Having trouble picking out that perfect rack of ribs at the store? A good way to identify a choice rack is the presence of ample marbling and an even thickness.