- Start up your Pit Boss. Once it's fired up, turn the temperature to 225°F.
- Generously coat the tomahawk steak with kosher salt on all sides.
- Allow the steak to sit at room temperature for one hour. After an hour, wipe off the salt and pat the steak dry.
- Season the tomahawk steak with Chophouse Steak Rub on both sides.
- Place the steak on the grill grates, insert a temperature probe, and grill, undisturbed, for 45 minutes, or until the steak reaches an internal temperature of 120°F.
- Remove the steak from the grill, tent with aluminum foil and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Place a cast iron skillet on the grill and increase the temperature of the Pit Boss to 450°F. Allow the pan to get as hot as possible.
- Place the steak in the cast iron pan with the butter, garlic cloves, and rosemary sprig. Immediately begin spooning the butter over the steak as it melts.
- Sear on one side for 1 minute.
- Flip the steak, place the garlic and rosemary on top of the steak, and continue to baste the steak with the butter for another minute.
- Pull the steak off the grill and allow it to rest for 10 minutes until the temperature rises to 130-135°F.
- Pour the melted butter from the pan over the steak, slice, and serve immediately.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Hickory Blend Hardwood Pellets