Cinco de Mayo
Make any get-together a Fiesta with Smoked Elote Skewers! Traditionally served as Street Food in Mexico, this dish is easy to make, and packed with flavor.
- Turn on your Pit Boss and set to 350°F.
- While your grill is heating up, husk each ear of corn, and mix vegetable oil, and Pit Boss GSP Rub in a small bowl.
- Then, place your husked ears of corn on the top grates of your smoker. Before you close the lid, brush your Oil/GSP Rub mixture onto the corn using a basting brush. Close the smoker lid and cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the smoker when the corn is semi-soft, place onto a clean cutting board, and skewer each ear of corn.
- Then, with a clean basting brush, coat the surface of the corn with mayo. The mayo will act as a binder for your toppings.
- Once your corn is coated in mayo, place the corn into a bowl with cotija cheese, and roll the corn in the cheese until fully covered. Use a spoon to sprinkle cheese over the corn if needed.
- This step is optional, but for an extra kick, you can also roll the corn in crushed Hot Cheetos, or top with our Sweet Heat Rub.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Classic Blend Hardwood Pellets
Wooden skewers will need to soak in water for 1 hour before using them.