Cedar Smoked Salmon Recipe
- Soak the cedar planks in warm water for an hour or more.
- In a bowl, mix together the olive oil, rice vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, and minced garlic.
- Add in the salmon and let it marinate for about 30 minutes.
- Start your grill on smoke with the lid open until a fire is established in the burn pot (3-7 minutes).
- Preheat grill to 225°F.
- Place the planks on the grate. Once the boards start to smoke and crackle a little, it's ready for the fish.
- Remove the fish from the marinade, season it with the onion powder, parsley and Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub, then discard the marinade.
- Place the salmon on the planks and grill until it reaches 140°F internal temperature (start checking temp after the salmon has been on the grill for 30 minutes).
- Remove from the grill, let it rest for 10 mins, then serve.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Apple Blend Hardwood Pellets
When salmon is fully cooked, the flesh of the fish should be pink, but not translucent.