Grilled Tri Tip with Cajun Butter
There's nothing better than a juicy, tender steak. This delicious, Grilled Tri Tip with Cajun Butter will be an instant favorite. If you're craving beef with some classic Cajun spices, then this recipe will not disappoint. Easy to prepare and cook, use the reverse sear method to lock in the natural juices of the meat.
- Add the brown sugar, orange juice, Worcestershire sauce, minced garlic and soy sauce to a resealable plastic bag. Add the tri tip to the bag, seal it, and massage the meat to help coat it evenly with the marinade. Place the bag in the refrigerator and allow the tri tip to marinate for 2 hours.
- Remove the bag from the refrigerator and drain the marinade. Remove the steak from the bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter with 2 tablespoons of Lonestar Beef Brisket Rub, paprika, and cayenne. Mix the butter until well combined. Set aside.
- Rub the tri tip down with the olive oil and season generously with the remaining Lonestar Beef Brisket Rub.
- Fire up your Pit Boss Grill and set the temperature to 450°F. If you're using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for high heat. Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of the steak and place it on the grill. Sear the tri tip on the grill for 3-5 minutes, then flip it and sear for another 3-5 minutes.
- Turn the temperature down to 250°F, then grill the tri tip for 15 more minutes until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Mesquite Blend Hardwood Pellets
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss Grills wood pellet smokers, our vertical pellet smokers, or any of our barbecue grills using the A-Maze-N smoker accessory wood pellet burners.