Farm raised or wild, duck provides an excellent source of lean, rich protein, and iron. Duck has a strong flavor, closer to red meat than chicken. This recipe will give your duck a delicious taste that's moist and tender.
- Set your Pit Boss grill and preheat for 400°F.
- Score the duck breast - As you score, you'll see that the thickness of the skin varies. Pay special attention to this variation in thickness to avoid cutting into the meat. Start with long parallel lines length wise, followed up by a similar pattern width wise. Season both sides of the duck breast with Kosher salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of our Chicken & Poultry Rub.
- Before cooking duck breast in the grill, sear skin-side down in a pan over moderately-high heat for 6 - 10 minutes. Ladle out rendered fat while duck breast cooks.
- Once the skin is golden and crispy, quickly brown the meat side for 15-30 seconds.
- Next, roast duck breast in the Pit Boss Grill. Cook skin side up until internal temperature reaches 131 degrees F. This step should take 5 - 15 minutes.
- Cover oven roasted duck breast loosely with foil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. During the resting period, the temperature of the duck breast will rise to 135 degrees F for a perfect medium rare finish.
- Cut and serve with chimichurri.
- Combine cilantro, parsley, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, and vinegar in food processor. Salt and pepper to taste. Transfer to bowl and add olive oil.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets