Get all the flavor of chicken wings in one appetizer. These cheese balls are loaded with spicy shredded chicken and two types of cheese, then rolled in crushed crackers to create a nice crunchy crust. Serve them up for easy entertaining or at home for a snack.
- Start off by heating the smoker to 250°F.
- Place your chicken breasts in a ziplock bag and toss in the Frank’s Red Hot, 3 tablespoons of Pit Boss Smoked Salt & Pepper and 2 tablespoons of Pit Boss Sweet Heat Rub. Let that marinate for 30 minutes.
- Place your marinated chicken onto the smoker and let cook for 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. After the chicken is cooked, let it rest and ready to shred.
- In a bowl, mix together the room temp cream cheese, blue cheese, chopped celery, and chicken.
- Once combined, start to roll the mixture into miniature cheese balls. They should be bigger than a gumball.
- Place the crushed crackers in another bowl and begin coating the cheese balls with the crumbs to give them a crust.
- After covering all your cheese balls, place on a serving tray with toothpick and enjoy!
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Classic Blend Hardwood Pellets