Sweet, savory, and crunchy, these Chicken and Waffle Chicken Wings will take your brunch game to the next level! Impress your friends and family with this insanely delicious spin on an American classic. Yes, it is possible to put wings in waffles.
- 1 Cup Bisquick Original Baking Mix
- 4 Strips Thinly Cut Bacon, Diced and Fried
- Preheat grill to 350° F.
- In a bowl, mix to combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Season wings.
- Grill wings until minimum internal temp 165° F. I like mine well done at 190° F.
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. In a large bowl, stir together the warm melted butter, hot sauce, and maple syrup.
- Prepare the batter. In a medium bowl, whisk to combine the Bisquick, milk, and egg.
- Transfer the wings to a bowl and toss with waffle sauce. Place the wings back on the grill for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Preheat the waffle iron to high and spray with a non-stick spray. Start with all the drumettes, then the flats, cooking them separately. Dip each wing in the batter, letting any excess drip off. The lighter the coating the better. Place the wings on the corners of the waffle iron with the ends hanging out. Press down and cook until the tops of the waffles are golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Work in batches.
- Plate the wings and garnish with bacon and drizzle with some waffle sauce.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATIONS
Pit Boss Maple Blend Hardwood Pellets