Pulled Pork Eggs Benedict Recipe
Preparing the Pulled Pork
- Fire up your Pit Boss pellet grill to SMOKE and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 350°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, preheat to medium/high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken broth, ketchup, apple cider vinegar, and 4 tablespoons of Maple Chipotle Rub. Whisk well to combine and set aside.
- Generously season the pork shoulder with the remaining ¾ cup of Maple Chipotle Rub on all sides of the pork shoulder, then place on the grill and sear on all sides until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the grill and place in the disposable aluminum pan. Pour the chicken broth mixture over the pork shoulder. It should come about 1/3 to 1/2 way up the side of the pork shoulder. Cover the top of the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Reduce the temperature of your Pit Boss grill to 250°F. Place the foil pan on the grill and grill for four to five hours, or until the pork is tender and falling off the bone.
- Remove the pork from the grill and allow to cool slightly. Drain the liquid from the pan, reserving about a cup, then shred the pork and cover with the reserved liquid. Set aside.
Preparing the Hollandaise Sauce
- Back inside on the stovetop, to make the hollandaise, set up a pot of boiling water and place the two yolks in a bowl that will sit on top of the boiling water without touching it.
- While whisking constantly, heat the yolks over the boiling water until they thicken to make a ribbon-like stream when lifted with the whisk.
- Melt the butter in a measuring cup. Place the bowl with the egg yolks on a flat surface where it wont slide or move.
- While whisking briskly and constantly, slowly drizzle the butter into the eggs. The sauce should thicken as more butter is incorporated into the yolks.
- Season with lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Fill a sauce pot 4” up the side with water and bring to a boil. Add vinegar and salt if desired and poach the 8 eggs.
- Toast the English muffins in the toaster and build the benedicts.
- Top the benedicts with hollandaise and a sprinkle of Maple Chipotle. Enjoy!
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Apple Blend Hardwood Pellets
This recipe is a great way to utilize leftover pulled pork!
Add a few tablespoons of vinegar to your boiling water to help the poached eggs stay together.