- 30 minutes before you plan to put the belly on the smoker season liberally with the Pit Boss Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub.
- Fire up your Pit Boss Platinum Series Brunswick on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 240°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Place the belly on the smoker with a tin pan underneath the meat to catch the drippings. Smoke for 7 hours or until you reach an internal temp of 195° F. Remove the pork and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Make the homemade pickles Place pickling spice and star anise in a small sauce pan and toast. Once fragrant add vinegar and bring to a boil, cook for 3 minutes. Add the water, sugar, and salt and return to a boil, cook for 5 minutes. Strain the liquid and immediately pour over the vegetables, making sure the vegetables are submerged. Set in the fridge once cool.
- Make the Sriracha Lime Sauce Combine the sriracha, lime, soy sauce, honey, cilantro and ponzu in a mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Assemble the sandwiches, placing sliced pork belly and homemade pickles on a roll before topping it with the sriracha lime sauce.