National Hot Dog Day
Take a trip to the southwest with bacon-wrapped Sonoran Dogs! These hot dogs were cooked to perfection on the Pit Boss 3-Burner Ultimate griddle and topped with tomato, onion, salsa verde, and all your favorite condiments.
- Set the griddle to medium-low heat.
- As the griddle heats up, wrap the hot dogs in bacon. First, lay out the slices of bacon and sprinkle Pit Boss GSP seasoning over them. Wrap the seasoned bacon around the hot dog, using toothpicks to hold the bacon in place.
- Place the bacon-wrapped hot dogs on the griddle to cook for 12 to 15 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- As hot dogs cook, prep the condiments. Dice the white onions and tomatoes, then cut the bread. If other toppings are desired, prep them at this time.
- Once the hot dogs are done, remove them from the griddle and place them on a cutting board or serving dish. The hot dogs are done when the bacon is golden brown and crispy.
- Assemble the hot dogs by placing them in a bun and adding condiments and toppings. Top with tomatoes, onion, ketchup, mayo, and mustard – then enjoy!
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss griddles.