Candied Bacon with a Twist! This sweet, salty, and smoky snack will have your friends and family coming back for more. Done on the Pit Boss Navigator 850, and seasoned with our Sweet Rib Rub, these Candied Bacon Twists are unbeatable.
- Turn your smoker on and set to 225°F.
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and lay down the bacon.
- Then, in a bowl, mix Pit Boss Sweet Rib Rub, brown sugar, walnuts, and chili flakes until combined.
- Then, sprinkle a layer of seasoning mix you just made over the top of the bacon strips. Be sure to evenly coat the bacon with seasoning – You’ll want a thick layer of seasoning on the bacon when you’re finished.
- Once the bacon is coated in seasoning, grab either end of each bacon strip and twist. Seasoning may fall off the bacon, if it does, scoop up the loose seasoning and sprinkle it over the twisted bacon strips.
- Once your bacon is seasoned and twisted, place the baking sheet in your smoker for about 2 hours.
- Remove the bacon strips from the smoker once the bacon is cooked. You’ll know the bacon twists are ready when the strips stay straight when picked up.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Whiskey Barrel Blend Hardwood Pellets