So we can all agree that brownies are pretty delicious, right? Well this recipe just takes things
to another level. We’re talking Candied Bacon Brownies with Bourbon level. That’s right, you know
if you add bacon to pretty much anything, it’s going to be amazing and this
dessert is no exception. Just 15 minutes of prep and 60 minutes
on your Louisiana Grill is all it takes to rock your guests’ world and send them home smiling.
- Start up your Pit Boss. Once it’s fired up, set the temperature to 400°F.
- Generously coat the bacon with the brown sugar and Hickory Honey Sea Salt. Place the bacon on a bacon rack. Smoke at 225°F for 1 hour. Cook until the bacon is crisp but not completely browned. Remove from the smoker and allow it to cool. When the bacon is cool, chop it roughly.
- To the flour mixture, add the eggs, oil and water until just combined. Spray the 9x13 pan well with cooking spray and pour the brownie batter into the pan. Pour half the batter in the pan, drizzle with caramel. Pour other half of batter on top and drizzle with caramel again and add candied bacon to the top.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, powdered sugar, white sugar, instant coffee and flour.
- Bake the brownies in the smoker for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the pan comes out clean. Remove from the smoker and allow to cool before slicing.