If you want lighter fare than beef but still desire red meat, lamb is a succulent choice. While lamb ribs may seem smaller than their pork and beef counterparts, they certainly aren’t lacking in the flavor department. It is slightly gamey, but these Smoked Lamb Ribs will turn out oh so delicious.
This recipe uses both a dry rub and wet chipotle rub. The reverse sear cooking method brings it to perfection. Carve and get ready to enjoy!
3/4 Cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tbsp Italian Parsley
¼ Cup Pit Boss Applewood Bacon Rub
2 TBSP Sage, Fresh
1 Tbsp Chipotle Peppers, Crushed
3 Garlic, Cloves
1 Rack Lamb Ribs
2 Tbsp Rosemary, Fresh
2 Tbsp Thyme, Fresh Sprigs
Pit Boss Fruitwood Blend Hardwood Pellets
- Basting Brush
- Food processor or blender
For smokier flavor, set your smoke temp for 225°F.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Bigger. Hotter. Heavier. Tip
- For the dry rub: baste the lamb ribs with olive oil and season with the chipotle powder and black pepper. Let the lamb ribs rest for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat your Pit Boss Grill to 275°F.
- For the wet rub: Blend rosemary, cilantro, Italian parsley, sage, thyme, and oregano with ¼ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, ¼ cup of Pit Boss Smoke Infused Applewood Bacon and 2-3 garlic cloves.
- Apply the wet rub all over the lamb ribs.
- Lay your lamb ribs bone side down on the grill and smoke until they reach an internal temp of 120-125°F.
- Turn your grill temp up to 425°F and sear until IT of 135-145°F.
- Rest 10-15 minutes. Carve and enjoy!