Bourbon Glazed Smoked Turkey Breast
Add a shot of top-shelf flavor to your turkey with this Bourbon-Glazed Smoked Turkey Breast. Shady Brook Farms Turkey Breast is smoked on a Pit Boss Wood Pellet Grill then glazed with a sweet and rich mixture of maple syrup, butter, orange juice and your favorite bourbon. The sauce caramelizes in the final minutes of cooking for mouthwatering flavor everyone will be raising their glass to.
- Rinse turkey thoroughly under cold water, then blot dry with paper towels.
- Rub turkey with olive oil, then season inside and outside of the cavity with a blend of All Purpose GSP Rub, onion powder, and dried thyme. Place in a cast-iron skillet, and prop up on either side with onion and potato. Set aside.
- Fire up your Pit Boss pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 250° F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for low, indirect heat.
- Transfer turkey to the grill and smoke for 3 to 3 ½ hours, or until an internal temperature of 165 F is reached, rotating after 1 ½ hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze melt the butter in a small saucepan, over medium heat.
- Whisk in the bourbon, maple syrup, orange juice, and soy sauce. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, until sauce begins to reduce and slightly thicken. Set aside.
- Baste turkey with the glaze every 20 to 30 minutes, after rotating the turkey.
- Remove the turkey from the grill and allow it to rest for 20 minutes before slicing, and serving warm.