- Place plastic wrap on a clean surface and lay the mac cheese in the middle. Wrap the plastic wrap around the mac cheese so that it becomes a tube. Freeze for 30 minutes or until you're ready to put the burger together.
- Start your Grill on ''smoke'' with the lid open until a fire is established in the burn pot (3-4 minutes). Preheat on to 250°F.
- In a large pan or a clean working surface, combine the ground beef, pork, eggs, Pit Boss Sweet Heat BBQ Sauce, and Maple Chipotle Rub. Mix with your hands until everything is combined.
- Next, you're going to make a bacon weave. There are many strategies for making a bacon weave, so use whatever method you're most comfortable with. Take half of the pack of bacon and lay each strip vertically next to each other. Starting at the top left corner, lay a piece of bacon horizontally on top of the first strip of bacon. Place it under the second piece of bacon and over the third piece. Repeat this pattern until you finish the row. Now, flip the first, third, fifth, and seventh vertical strip of bacon from the end closest to you over the entire bacon weave. Lay another piece of bacon horizontally over the pieces that are still lying flat (the second, fourth, sixth, and eighth piece). Return the odd pieces of bacon back to their original vertical placement. Flip the second, fourth, sixth, and eighth vertical strip of bacon from the end closest to you over the entire bacon weave. Lay another piece of bacon horizontally over the pieces that are still lying flat (the first, third, fifth, and seventh piece). Return the even pieces of bacon back to their original vertical placement. Continue this pattern until the bacon weave is complete.
- On top of your bacon weave, spread out the ground beef mixture so that it completely covers the bacon. Remove the mac cheese from the plastic wrap and lay in the middle of the meat spread. Roll the bacon weave and ground beef mixture around the mac cheese tube to form a log. Ensure that the mac cheese is completely surrounded and place on the grill. Smoke for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the meat is 145°F. If you're using a meat probe, make sure that the meat probe is in the center of the MEAT, not in the mac cheese center.
- Prepare the French loaf by slicing it in half, topping the bottom with lettuce, red onion, tomato and any condiments you prefer. Place the burger directly on to your toppings. Top with the second half of the loaf, cut into slices.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss Grills wood pellet smokers, our vertical pellet smokers, or any of our barbecue grills using the A-Maze-N smoker accessory wood pellet burners.