Pit Boss Holiday Prime Rib
Prime Rib + Pit Boss Grills, now that is a holiday meal to remember. Our special holiday prime rib recipe combines bacon, butter, 3-Pit Boss spices, and Pit Boss smoke to make an unforgettable meal. Your guests will be coming back for seconds, so be sure to hide some for yourself.
- Set your Pit Boss grill to 225°F.
- Combine the butter with the bacon fat and mix together. Add the Prime Beef Rub, Chicago BBQ Rub, and Boss Rub all together and mix into a paste.
- With the roast bone side down, apply the butter and bacon fat pasted to the entire surface of the prime rib - Use gloves, and apply the paste evenly.
- Place the roast in the grill, on top of a sheet pan to catch the excess drippings, or you can cook without the pan.
- Cook at 225°F for approximately 35 minutes per pound, or when the internal temperature reaches 125°F. At 125°F, remove the roast to rest for 30 minutes.
- Increase the temperature on your PB grill to 350°F and open the sear plate.
- Return the roast to the grill and sear to desired crust and temperature - Approximately 10 minutes for Rare to Medium Rare. Use probe thermometer to verify your finished temperature.
- Remove and rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Hickory Blend Hardwood Pellets
Serve with rosemary garnish, and potatoes or vegetables of your choice.