Lone Star Stuffed Brisket Burgers Recipe
- Fire up your Pit Boss pellet grill to SMOKE and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 450°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, preheat to high heat.
- Portion the ground meat into 8 smaller, thinner patties. Set 4 of them aside for the tops pieces of the stuffed burgers.
- On each of the other patties, take a piece of cooked bacon and break it into 4 pieces and place it in the middle of the burger patty. Do the same with one piece of American cheese per patty.
- Take the top patties and place over the stuffing and seal the edges with your hands molding the burger into what will look like a hockey puck.
- Season the burgers heavily with Lonestar Beef Brisket Rub.
- Make the onion rings Set deep fryer to 350°F. Soak the onions in buttermilk for 4-5 minutes. Pull the onions out of the buttermilk and let any excess liquid drip off for a few seconds.
- Toss in the flour until they are well coated. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until a crisp brown. Set aside.
- Place the burgers on the grill over direct heat for 4-5 minutes each side.
- Top the burgers with 2 slices of American cheese each. Once the cheese is melted, remove the burgers from the grill.
- Build the burgers with lettuce and tomato on the bottom bun followed by the burgers, bacon and onion strings. Enjoy!
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Hickory Blend Hardwood Pellets
When you stuff the burgers, make sure the edges are well sealed to prevent leaking cheese!