Maple Smoked Thanksgiving Turkey
- Start your Grill on ''smoke'' with the lid open until a fire is established in the burn pot (3-7 minutes).
- Preheat to 250°F degrees.
- Combine the melted butter and maple syrup in a bowl. With the Marinade Injector, fill with the butter and syrup mixture and pierce the meat with the needle while pushing on the plunger, injecting the flavor. You want to inject the marinade into the thickest part of the breast, thigh, and wings.
- Next, combine the room temperature butter and Chicken & Poultry Rub and spread all over the turkey, making sure that you get it under the skin as well.
- Place the turkey in an aluminum pan to catch all the drippings (this makes incredible gravy) and place on the grill.
- When the breast and thigh meat of the turkey reaches 165°F to 170°F, remove from grill and let rest 15 minutes before carving. Happy Thanksgiving!