- Fire up your smoker and set it to 250°F-275°F. Let it get to temp.
- Use a knife to score the fat cap, rub your binder all over the pork, then season liberally with Pit Boss Homestyle Pork Rub.
- When the smoker gets to temp, place the pork directly onto the racks of your smoker. Every hour, spritz with apple juice.
- While your pork is cooking, mix brown sugar, spiced rum, and butter over medium heat – Do not let the mixture boil.
- When the internal temp of the pork gets to 165°F, place your pork in a pan, pour over half of your prepared sauce, place a meat probe into the pork, then wrap tightly with foil.
- When the internal temperature hits 203°F-205°F, and the temp probe goes in with very little resistance, it’s done. Remove from the grill and let rest, covered for 1-2 hours.
- Once rested, pull, and pour the rest of your prepared sauce over the pulled pork. Mix until the sauce is well incorporated.
- Then you’re ready to start building your pulled pork sandwiches.
- Pile your sandwiches high with your toppings of choice, don’t forget the Pit Boss Kentucky Whiskey Barrel BBQ Sauce, and enjoy!
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Cherry Blend Hardwood Pellets
Pro tip from @wicked.bbq: Use your imagination on the toppings! He used queso and sliced jalapenos on one. Then coleslaw and red onion on another. He always likes to use Pit Boss BBQ sauce, pickles...and Alabama white sauce.