Look no further, the ultimate cheese dip recipe has arrived. This Pulled Pork Queso Dip is full of smoky, cheesy goodness. Make this for your next gathering or game day – or just for a snack any time!
James Brown @grillnation
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- 3 ears Corn, grilled and removed from the cobb
- 1/2 block Cream Cheese, Room Temperature
- 3 Grilled Jalapenos, diced and seeded
- 16 ounces Mexican Cheese, Shredded
- 16 ounces Pepper Jack Cheese, 1" cubes
- 4 lbs Pork Shoulder, Bone In
- Turn on your Pit Boss Grill and set to SMOKE Mode. With the lid open, let the grill run for 10 minutes.
- While the grill is heating up, set your Pork shoulder out and bring to room temp.
- Score the fat cap and remove silver skin.
- Coat with mustard and season every inch with Pit Boss Homestyle Pork Rub.
- Set your grill temp to 250°F.
- Place the pork shoulder on the grill and smoke until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. (About 2 - 3 hours)
- Remove and wrap in Peach Butcher Paper. Place back in your Pit Boss and bump temp up to 275°F. Smoke until internal temp of 205°F. Pull and rest for thirty mins.
- During the resting period prepare your Queso dip.
- Chop all cheese into 1” cubes and pre your veggies & herbs for Queso.
- Shred the pork.
- Place all Queso ingredients in aluminum pan (2-3 inch deep pan). Keep the pork warm but do not add yet.
- Place in the Boss at 250°F and smoke for 10-15 mins. Make sure to watch and when the cheese starts to melt into a gooey substance mix everything together. Pull it once completely melted and have a cast iron skillet and pork waiting.
- Place pulled pork (about 1 pound) on bottom of the cast iron with a light coat of olive oil or butter.
- Pour gooey Queso onto the pulled pork in the cast iron. Quickly add 3/4 bag of Mexican cheese.
- Place back in the Pit Boss at 250°F until cheese is melted on top.
- Carefully remove the cast iron skillet and grab a few bags of chips.