Smoked Scalloped Potatoes
Smoked Scalloped Potatoes with a creamy, cheesy crust? Yes please! This is the perfect comfort food side for a cozy holiday meal. Warm yourself up with the hot, velvety cheese layered on potato slices all smoked inside a cast iron skillet on a Pit Boss Pellet Grill.
- Preheat Grill to 350°F.
- Peel 6-8 potatoes and slice into 1/4 round slices, cover with water in pot and bring to boil, allow to boil for 2-3 minutes.
- In the cast iron skillet, start to layer the potatoes and cheese. Starting by using a slotted spoon to remove potatoes from water. You will want some of the water from the boiling process to make it into the skillet, but not an excessive amount. Using a slotted spoon but not shaking the potatoes dry works perfectly.
- Once you have a base layer of potatoes, add a layer of sliced onion (approx. ½ of a medium yellow onion), salt, pepper, Pit Boss Bacon Cheddar Burger Seasoning, a drizzle of sweet condensed milk, half a stick of butter cut into pats, and a layer of sliced smoked gouda cheese.
- Repeat on the 2nd layer. Top with grated cheddar jack or Colby jack cheese.
- Cook at 325°F-350°F for approx. 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender.
- For crustier cheese on top, turn the grill up to 425°F for the last 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.