Quick and Easy
Up your comfort food game with Pesto Mac-n-Cheese. It's a fun twist on a family-friendly favorite. A quick and easy basil pesto adds another layer of flavor to this creamy, 4-cheese mac - perfectly cooked on your Pit Boss.
- Set smoker to 225°F. While that is warming up, make the cheese sauce. In a half aluminum pan, cut up the Velveeta in smaller pieces, then add in the cream cheese, pepper jack, heavy cream, and Pit Boss GSP Rub.
- Place in smoker and let cook for 2 hours. While the cheese melts, make the pesto.
- In a blender, place half the spinach with some garlic and half of the extra virgin olive oil. Blend then turn up to high. As the blender is still on, removing the lid and covering with a towel begin to toss in the rest of the spinach, parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon Pit Boss GSP Rub, and extra virgin olive oil.
- Remove your aluminum pan from the smoker and stir up your cheese then toss in the pesto. Drizzle the cheese sauce over the cooked macaroni and make sure to mix properly. Then sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top before putting back into smoker.
- Make sure smoker is turned up to 300°F and cook mac and cheese for 15 minutes. Take out of smoker, let rest, and enjoy.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets