Cinco de Mayo
This BBQ Brisket Queso recipe is the perfect appetizer for parties, watching sports, or potlucks. Use leftover brisket or make some the day before. This easy and cheesy dish has just the right amount of kick and is sure to please a crowd.
- Fire up your Pit Boss and set the temperature to 300°F. If you're using gas or charcoal, set your grill for medium low, indirect heat.
- Let the grilling skillet heat up on the grill. Then, add the 2 tablespoons of butter and finely diced onion and sauté the onions until they are soft and translucent.
- Next, pour in the heavy cream and bring it to a simmer. Once the cream is simmering, add the cubed cheese, diced tomatoes, All Purpose GSP Rub, and chopped green chilis. Make sure to stir the mixture consistently until the cheese is completely melted.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brisket with the barbecue sauce and toss until the brisket is fully covered.
- When your queso is ready, pour it into a serving bowl and top with the brisket, salsa, and jalapenos. You can even add fresh cilantro as a garnish.
- Serve the queso with tortilla chips while it's hot and fresh and enjoy.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets
Bigger. Hotter. Heavier.
- Looking for the perfect brisket recipe? Try the Barbecue Beef Brisket.
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss Grills wood pellet smokers, our vertical pellet smokers, or any of our barbecue grills using the A-Maze-N smoker accessory wood pellet burners.