Jalapeno Bacon Burgers with Bacon and Pepper Jack Cheese
Serve these delicious Jalapeno Burgers with Bacon, Grilled Jalapenos and Pepper Jack Cheese for a spicy kick at your next barbecue or tailgate! If you're looking to mix up your dinner routine, these juicy ground beef burgers are sure to pack a savory and zesty 1-2 punch!
- Fire up your Pit Boss and set the temperature to 350°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium high heat.
- Make the burgers in a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and Homestyle Pork Rub seasoning until the seasoning is well incorporated. Use the Pit Boss Burger Press to make burger patties. Repeat until all the ground beef is gone.
- In a small bowl, toss the sliced raw jalapeños with the olive oil and place them in the vegetable grill basket. Grill the jalapeños, stirring occasionally, until soft and charred in some spots. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Place the bacon on the vegetable grill basket and grill for 5-7 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy and brown. Remove from the grill and set aside.
- Grill the burgers place the burger patties on the grill and, if desired, sprinkle more Homestyle Pork Rub seasoning on the patties. Grill the burgers for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and top with a slice of pepper jack cheese and grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the burgers is 135-140°F.
- Remove the burgers from the grill and place on an onion bun. Top with the bacon, grilled jalapeños, crisped onions, and a spoonful of barbecue sauce.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss Grills wood pellet smokers, our vertical pellet smokers, or any of our barbecue grills using the A-Maze-N smoker accessory wood pellet burners.