Southwestern Chicken Quesadilla
Cinco de Mayo
Wow your family with this quick and easy Southwestern Chicken Quesadilla recipe. The toasted tortilla is packed with cheese, flavorful chicken, and veggies for the ultimate quesadilla you can make on your Ultimate Griddle. Switch up by adding in your favorite toppings on the cheesy chicken base.
- Set griddle to medium high heat.
- While the griddle reaches temperature, prep the chicken. Butterfly both chicken breasts and season with Pit Boss GSP Rub and Southwest Rub.
- Drizzle oil onto the griddle and toss the chicken breast onto the cooktop, allowing it to cook for 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, julienne the green and red bell peppers. Then, cut the jalapeno in half, remove seeds, and cut into strips. Finely chop the cilantro.
- Remove the chicken from the griddle and allow it to cool.
- Either slice the chicken into strips or shred.
- Set griddle to medium heat and warm the tortillas on the cooktop, flipping to evenly cook each side.
- When the tortillas are ready, begin assembling the quesadilla by placing the shredded cheese on one half of the tortilla, followed by the veggies and chicken – all on the same side.
- Fold the tortilla over to cover the filling and press, cooking each side for 3 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tortilla is golden brown.
- Remove from griddle and enjoy!