Southwest Chicken Street Tacos
Cinco de Mayo
These chicken street tacos made with chicken thigh meat have become a staple on our Pit Boss griddles since the first time we made them! The extra hit of lime juice, paired with the Pit Boss Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub takes these tacos to the next level!
- Prepare chicken breast by trimming excess fat.
- Pound the chicken thigh meat out as flat as possible without breaking or tearing the meat with tenderizer (to 1/3-1/4 inch in thickness).
- Bring the griddle to medium/low heat.
- Once to temperature, lay the oil on the griddle, and place the chicken thighs in the oil.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until the chicken is halfway cooked from the bottom (will be a light brown color halfway up).
- At this point, season the top side liberally with about half of the Pit Boss Smoked Salt & Pepper Rub, and squeeze about 1/3 of the limes onto the chicken.
- Flip the chicken thighs, and use the remaining rub, and another 1/3 of the limes on the second side.
- Continue cooking for an additional 2 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 165° internal temperature.
- Pull the chicken, and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice the chicken thigh meat into 1/4 inch strips.
- Place the tortillas onto a clean area on the warm griddle for about 30 seconds to heat up the tortillas.
- On each tortilla, place a small handful of shredded cheese, 4-5 strips of chicken, Pico de Gallo, and top with a drizzle of Jalapeño ranch and cilantro to desired taste.
The build is our suggested way for these amazing street tacos, but you can add as much or as little of each to your desired taste!