Quick and Easy
Spice up your next meal and serve this Cajun BBQ Chicken! Each piece is coated in our Sweet Heat Rub before going on the grill to get golden brown on the outside and juicy on the inside. Mix up the barbecue sauce to serve with the chicken. Trust us, it's worth the extra effort.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the Pit Boss Sweet Heat Rub, oregano, and ground thyme.
- Rub the chicken breasts all over with olive oil, making sure to completely coat the meat. Generously season the chicken breasts on all sides with the Sweet Heat mixture.
- Fire up your Pit Boss and set the temperature to 350°F. If you're using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium heat. Insert a temperature probe into the thickest part of one of the chicken breasts and place the meat on the grill. Grill the meat on one side for 10-12 minutes, then flip and grill for another 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken breasts are golden brown and juicy and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, make the sauce. Combine the butter, barbecue sauce, beer, Worcestershire sauce, lime juice, and minced garlic in a heat proof saucepan and place on the grill. Bring the sauce to a boil. Once it boils, remove it from the heat, whisk it and serve with the chicken.