Quick and Easy
Fire up your griddle and achieve the perfect smash burger right at home or at your next tailgate. These cheeseburgers are piled high with bacon, caramelized onions, and jalapenos.
- In a mixing bowl, add ground beef and season with Chophouse Steak Rub. Divide into 12 meatballs.
- Fire up your Pit Boss Griddle and heat the griddle over medium heat, then add bacon slices. Render out fat, then caramelize onion in bacon fat, plus butter.
- Lay out burger buns to toast, then turn off the burner, keeping the buns in place to keep warm.
- Move bacon and onions to the side to keep warm, then, place 6 meatballs in their place. Using a metal spatula or stainless steel mixing bowl, smash down each meatball to ¼ inch thickness. Sear 1 to 2 minutes per side. Place cheese on 4 of 6 patties, then top with the other. Repeat this step with the remaining 6 meatballs.
- Assemble each smashed burger bottom bun, cheeseburger stack, bacon, caramelized onions, sliced jalapeño, top bun.