Smoked Leg Of Lamb With Curry And Garlic Marinade
2 Hours 40 Minutes
2.5- 3 Hours
This Smoked Leg of Lamb has it all. The curry spices, along with the garlic and honey, really complement this cut of meat. It takes a little time to marinate, so be patient! Your reward will be a tender lamb leg that’s packed with flavor.
- First, sprinkle Pit Boss GSP Rub over the minced garlic, and mash it with the flat side of a knife to make a paste.
- In a small bowl, mix the garlic paste, the spices, ginger, olive oil, and honey, until the mixture resembles a somewhat thin soup.
- Trim excess fat off of the leg of lamb. Place the lamb in a 1-gallon Ziploc plastic bag. Pour the mixture in the bag over the lamb. Make sure the lamb is well coated. Place in fridge to let marinate for 2 hours, or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Set your smoker to 250°F and smoke until it hits between 135°F to 140°F for medium rare, or around 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- When it’s done, take it out and let it rest for 10 to 15 minutes loosely covered with foil.
- Slice, top with some cilantro, and serve! Pairs well with roasted potatoes and asparagus.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Fruitwood Blend Hardwood Pellets