Move over, cinnamon rolls. A more delicious and fun-to-eat option is here. Bread crusts are rolled up with fillings like bacon and marshmallows to create these Cinnamon Lollipops. They're tossed on the griddle and coated in cinnamon sugar for the ultimate sweet snack.
- Preheat the griddle to medium heat.
- Once the griddle reaches temperature, place the bacon on the cooktop and cook just over halfway done so it’s still pliable to work with.
- Remove the bacon from the griddle and carefully clean the cooktop.
- Cut the crust off of each slice of bread, taking care to keep the crust in one piece. (Set aside the center pieces to use for another Pit Boss recipe)
- Take one of the bread crusts and roll it up into a circle, using a skewer to keep its shape and create a lollipop.
- Repeat step 5 with the remaining crusts, rolling them up with either a slice of bacon or adding marshmallows between the layers.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and Pit Boss GSP rub.
- In another bowl, combine the brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Dunk each of the lollipops into the egg mixture, then coat with the sugar mixture.
- Add butter to the hot griddle top and place the lollipops on to toast until golden brown, or about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove lollipops from the griddle and set aside to cool.
- Top with some powdered sugar and enjoy!
This recipe can be cooked on any of our Pit Boss griddles.