No need for dinner reservations when you can make the perfect ribeye at home. This recipe delivers a delicious, juicy steak with flavor packed in every bite thanks to our Chophouse Steak Rub. Just follow these steps for a steak that’s sure to impress.
- First, get your smoker turned on and set to 225°F.
- Place ribeye in an aluminum pan, and sprinkle Chophouse Steak Rub over the ribeye - make sure to coat well on all sides.
- Place your Ribeye on the top grates of your smoker, farthest away from the heat source, and let smoke until internal temperature reaches 110°-120°F or for about 45 minutes.
- Once your Ribeye has reached the ideal internal temperature, remove it from the smoker and set aside.
- Next, turn the temperature up to 400°F, and open the sear plate.
- Once fire is visible through the sear plate, place the ribeye over grates and cook each side for 3 minutes over the open flame.
- Once seared, remove from grill, and let your Ribeye rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice, and enjoy!
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Hickory Blend Hardwood Pellets