Pit Boss Turkey Brine Kit
Make dry turkey a thing of the past with the Pit Boss Turkey Prep Kit. With turkey brine, a brine bag and poultry rub included, this kit has everything you’ll need to make a moist, tender and flavorful bird on your grill or smoker this Thanksgiving. With the Pit Boss Turkey Prep Kit, your wood fire smoked turkey is sure to be the star of your holiday feast.
Includes: Turkey Brine, Brine Bag & Poultry Rub
- 1. Combine the brine blend with 4 cups water in a large pot and bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat, then add 1 gallon of cold water and refrigerate until the mixture is cooled entirely.
- 2. Place the turkey in the brining bag breast side down and set in a large pan.
- 3. Pour cooled brine mixture in the bag until the turkey is fully submerged, pouring in additional water as necessary, and seal the bag tight.
- 4. Place in the refrigerator to brine. Allow the turkey to brine 30-60 minutes per pound.
- 5. After brining, remove the turkey from the bag, rinse the inside and outside of the bird thoroughly and pat dry.
- 6. Drizzle olive oil over the turkey and rub generously with poultry rub on the outer skin. For ultimate flavor season in between the skin and breast meat as well.
- 7. Place the turkey into your Pit Boss Grill or Pit Boss Vertical Pellet Smoker and insert the temperature probe into the deepest part of the breast. Cook at 275°F until the breast and high meat reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- 8. Remove the turkey from the grill/smoker and allow the turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes. Carve and Enjoy!
Turkey Brine Mix: Sea Salt, Sugar, Spices, Dehydrated Orange Peel.
Turkey Rub: Salt, Paprika, Chili Pepper & Other Spices, Garlic, Onion, Sugar, Annatto.