We know trying new things can be scary, and we all have about 9 million questions when we do! But, fear not my friends!
We’ve got you covered this Thanksgiving with this simple “How To” for brining your big bird.
- 1 Gallon Water
- 32oz Chicken Stock
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1 Cup Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Packet Poultry Herb Blend(optional) Like this!
- 1 Tablespoon Crystallized Ginger Check out this option
- 1 Tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- Boil ALL ingredients in a large pot.
- Once all of the sugar and salt is dissolved, shock the pot with ice water and refrigerate until cool.
a.Shocking the pot: add about a half-gallon of ICE water and then refrigerate until cold. Allow the mixture to get below 40°F before adding the brine to the turkey!
- Once the brine has cooled, add it to a cooler, or a bucket, with your turkey.
a.Make sure your turkey has been cleaned prior to this! (Mental note.)
b.Add water to your bucket until the bird is submerged.
- Brine Turkey for 1 hour per pound. So, a 12 pound turkey should be brined for 12 hours.
Bam! Success, like a Boss.