Enjoy the ultimate breakfast of champions without the guilt with this BBQ Breakfast Not-So-Fatty. A typical breakfast fatty is a mixture of scrambled eggs, ham and cheese wrapped in a layer of pork sausage, then wrapped again in a layer of bacon and smoked to perfection.
- Fire up your Pit Boss pellet grill on SMOKE mode and let it run with lid open for 10 minutes then preheat to 375°F. If using a gas or charcoal grill, set it up for medium-high heat.
- Lay out a piece of plastic wrap then make a bacon weave using your favorite turkey bacon. Top with the turkey Sausage and spread out into an even layer with your fingers.
- Spoon the scrambled eggs into the center of the sausage, then place half of the cheese sticks in the middle, followed by ham, then remaining cheese.
- Gently lift up one end of the plastic wrap and begin rolling the “not so fatty.” Once the roll is completed, remove the plastic wrap and secure the ends of the bacon together with toothpicks, if needed.
- Set in a cast iron skillet, sprinkle with brown sugar, and season with cracked pepper. Transfer to the grill and cook for 30 minutes, until an internal temperature of 155°F.
- Baste with BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce is set and the internal temperature increased to 165°F.
- Remove from the grill and rest for 5 minutes before slicing and serving warm.
WOOD PELLET RECOMMENDATION
Pit Boss Competition Blend Hardwood Pellets
Spray the plastic wrap with non-stick spray for ease in rolling up the fatty.