- Fire up your Pit Boss. Once it lights, set the temperature to 250°F.
- Cut the stem end off the jalapeno peppers and remove the core and seeds.
- Fill the cored jalapeno peppers with the grated cheddar cheese and wrap them in the spicy italian sausage meat.
Make sure to wrap the jalapenos entirely. (Pro Tip: If the sausage meat has warmed from being worked with, you
can place the sausage wrapped armadillo eggs in the fridge for an hour or two to help prevent them from falling
apart while cooking.)
- Roll the armadillo eggs in the crushed flamin hot Cheetos. Gently press the crumbs into the sausage meat to
make sure they are well crusted.
- Place on the smoker rack and cook for about 2 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
Let rest for 10 minutes and serve with ranch or blue cheese dip.